These are not cake pops.
I know, it’s a sad reality. BUT, considering that I do have a healthy cake recipe, the dream of cake pops might soon become a reality!
For now though, you’ll just have to have these chocolate coconut pops. These aren’t your average chocolate coconut pops either: they’re FIBER chocolate coconut pops! These are excellent for road trips or vacations where it’s hard to get real sources of fiber. They also happen to have a good amount of protein too! And yeah, they taste good. If you make sure you add all the “optional” chocolate, they’ll taste more than good.
I could also describe how these are adorable, highly customizable, and very portable. But you don’t really want to hear that, do you? You just want the recipe! 🙂
Chocolate Coconut Pops
- 2.5 Tbsp (20 g) coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) brown rice protein powder
- 1 T (12 g) erythritol or other granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 4 tsp (10 g) unsweetened applesauce
- Optional: Chocolate chips, shredded coconut, of other add-ins
“Optional” Chocolate Coating
- 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp erythritol or other granulated sweetener
- Stevia drops to taste
Directions: In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients, then add wet. Roll dough into 3-4 small balls and insert in cake pop sticks. Press on add-ins. Chill for 2-4 hours or until cold. Mix together chocolate coating ingredients and dip the pops in it. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Aren’t these coconut pops so easy? (The answer is yes.) Whether you’re traveling or not, you should make these! You won’t regret it!